30 July, 2012

Your weekly musicians' ads.

Yeah, there are only three this week and I'm not even sure they count.

Do you have a band? (Arts Dist N.E. Mpls)


Date: 2012-07-29, 5:38AM CDT
Reply to: xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@comm.craigslist.org


My whole life I have been able to hear and make music that is in my head, Yeah, that's called "coming up with something and following through on it", people kind of do that every day, so don't go blowing yourself just yet. I am a partial Psychic. Here we go. I know that sounds stupid Kind of. or nuts, Definitely. I often don't believe it myself In addition to your stance on believing, you should probably reconsider your stance on announcing. but the fact remains. That you're nucking futs? I can hear sounds and make music with out notes, No, you can't. I can't explain it I know you can't. but it is a FACT. No. It is a fact that a "note" is simply a blanket term applied to the pitch (frequency) and duration (time) of a sound, so to say that you make music - a medium based on, among a few other elements such as tempo (BPM) and loudness (amplitude), pitch and duration - without notes is a fundamentally flawed statement and I'm going to recommend that the day after you pull your head out of your ass that you clean the shit out of your ears. I am looking for a band that wants to take things to another level. Always to another level. I know you probly wont believe this until I INSTRUCT you You're going to instruct me? In caps lock, even? but once you see and hear the direction you just might believe me. What do you have to lose?!... My dignity. My sense of shame. My long-standing track record of not hanging out with people who go around talking about being psychic on a website where I can pick up a futon from behind somebody's garage between three and five this afternoon. I create hooks, beats and lyrics for ALL types of music, give me a shot. Oh, so you just want to be a songwriter. I just require that you are a DECENT to GOOD band.. So that the majority of the work is done for you, right? And then you can say, "I foresaw this..." I know the difference, Do you? I have been in this game since age 15 for real.. Fo' reals, yo! Let me know if you are interested.. You're psychic, I think you already know the answer.
  • Location: Arts Dist N.E. Mpls
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx



Bonnie and Clyde Blues


Date: 2012-07-25, 3:03PM CDT
Reply to: xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@comm.craigslist.org

im a guitarists/multi instrumentalist, I like how he's a guitarists and then follows that up with multi(ple) instrumentalist. It's like he wrote his own joke. and a man. I'm not going to lie: Ninety percent of my rationale behind including this ad was so that I could link to the terrible / terrific "Sex (I'm A)" by Berlin, because of the whole overwrought, melodramatic "I'm a man" line in the chorus. I am looking for a women who can sing the blues. Don't care. I'm a man. And I'm listening to 80s new wave synth pop. (Sorry, I almost lumped Berlin in with Devo and that is wrongness.) I am trying to find the right women I'm a man. to start a band I'm a man. centering around the blues, I'm a man. but dark blues. I'm a man. With a "Bonnie and Clyde" style presentation. When we make love together.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx



OK, really?

I will join your band if I can live @ your place (Minneapolis (Ideally Dinkytown))

Are you for fucking real?

Date: 2012-07-23, 7:23PM CDT
Reply to: xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@comm.craigslist.org

Yep, I already know that this sounds rediculous, Yeah. but I'm keeping the craigslist spirit alive. What the fuck are you talking about?

I am a U of M student SSSooo... unemployed? looking for a free place to stay Unemployed. and play with a band. You could also, you know, do this thing called get a goddamned job and pay rent. I have A Mexican Fender Strat and a VHT Special 6 Combo Amp.
The only thing I'm missing is some killer effects pedals... And a goddamned job. but maybe I will be able to get those in time. Yeah, after you get a job and make money with which you can purchase said effects. Here is how I play: There was a link here but nobody cares.

If you have a space for me to crash and you are looking for a guitarist...then HMU! SSSooo... not only are you too lazy to get a job, you apparently can't be arsed to type out the words "hit me up" - an additional four letters and two spaces - either. Hombre, I've got a guy here with no legs right now. Not half legs, I mean no legs. None. At all. And this guy is flying all over the house, up and down stairs, all kinds of shit. Again: He has no legs. There's his torso and then it gets down to his pelvis and then his body just stops. No legs. I look at him and then I read your post and I think that more people could stand to have no legs. The guy who would actually have a reasonable claim to laziness is the least lazy person I've seen in months, maybe years. And your ass can't be bothered to type whole words.
I dont take up a lot of space Dude with no legs takes up less. and I am respectful of others.


  • Location: Minneapolis (Ideally Dinkytown) And you're looking to get a place in Dinkytown!? Fuck you.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

1 comment:

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.