28 May, 2012

Your weekly musicians' ads. (Special Supplementary Edition)

Once again, a totally unassuming ad was placed that seemed to stir shit in the MSP musician community.

Need 3-5 members for Serious Jazz/blues/improv/ (Wayzata/Monticello/Waconia/Glencoe range)


Date: 2012-05-22, 3:19PM CDT
Reply to: xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@comm.craigslist.org

Hello, I am xxxx, Hi, xxxx. i teach and play mainly jazz and blues guitar.

I live near Buffalo, MN, but am willing to travel up to 30 miles for

playing and practicing. I want to start a band were we can play a few

times a week, whether it be in restraunts/coffee houses/ or the street.

We should be playing at least 3 times a week even if it is for TIPS.

PEOPLE LOVE LISTENING TO MUSICANS. We can split the money 50/50.

LOCATIONS- General areas where i am looking for musicans.
North-Monticello/st micheal
South-Waconia/st boni/victoria
East-Minnetonka/Wayzata/mound
West-Glencoe

MUSICANS NEEDED- AGES 18-80.
1 guitarist
1 piano player
1 bassist

*RULES-

1. (half of the tunes will be Jazz/blues standards from the real

book,and the other half can be songs we like, or improv.) We all take

turns playing rhythm and lead. Everyone gets a fair share.

2. Requirments- NO TABS ALLOWED!! What's wrong with tablature? You must know how to read music, and

know major and minor scales, and some basic music theory. What if I know my major and minor scales and have an intermediate knowledge of theory but I can't sight-read sheet music? I can read tablature, though. Also you must

be able to practice at least 2 hours a day minumum no exceptions. This

is a BUISNESS, not a joke. I only want serious ambitious people.

If you love music and are SERIOUS about playing in a band,and wanna play

jazz/blues/improv and some of your own stuff. Join me and together we

can play for money while having fun.

*Please text xxx-xxx-xxxx if you are interested again only SERIOUS

musicans.


  • Location: Wayzata/Monticello/Waconia/Glencoe range
  • it's ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx



Re: Need 3-5 members for Serious Jazz/blues/improv/


Date: 2012-05-22, 3:48PM CDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

You are joking, right? Any musicians meeting your qualifications are already gigging for money and not tips. So that explains why I'm not out playing in a band. I meet only two of those. Because all musicians that fit all of those qualifications are, well, already out there doing it, man, and not sitting around struggling to find other like-minded and talented individuals. Some of these ads are so unrealistic they have to be jokes. Uh, how was anything he asked for unrealistic?
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx



Re: Need 3-5 members for Serious Jazz/blues/improv/


Date: 2012-05-22, 8:06PM CDT
Reply to: see below [Errors when replying to ads?]

Is one of your "requirments" spelling? I mean, this is a serious "buisness," eh? I want to be a serious "musican," too! And play 3 times a week for tips He didn't say strictly tips. (when I'm not practicing) in BFN!

Oh, how do you split money 50/50 between 3-5 people? I think he just means "evenly". I hope it's banana. OK, that part was funny.
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx



RE: re: the guy looking for jazz musicians (tsk tsk)


Date: 2012-05-23, 12:27PM CDT
Reply to: xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@comm.craigslist.org

To the guy who responded to the ad:

You must be very proud of yourself to be such a good speller and mathemetician (and so witty!). Perfect in every way. As far as I know, spelling and math aren't requirements to be a good musician. Well, rhythm is kind of a mathematical thing. Everyone's got their own gifts and talents. Yours, unfortunately, is to butt into someone's business and make fun of their defiecencies (hmm, hope I spelled that right, Hate to break it to you but, actually... I'm not a very good singer if I didn't) to make you feel better about yourself. Why don't you go practice your intstrument instead of spending time pointing out others' faults. Yes, I used sarcasm in this response, Hadn't picked up on that. and it bugs me greatly when people are mean to each other, but you're probably a pretty decent person. Maybe you will learn something from this reminder. I speak the truth in love.


The original, mean-spirited response to someone's post:

Is one of your "requirments" spelling? I mean, this is a serious "buisness," eh? I want to be a serious "musican," too! And play 3 times a week for tips (when I'm not practicing) in BFN!

Oh, how do you split money 50/50 between 3-5 people? I hope it's banana. Seriously, that part was funny.

  • Location: tsk tsk
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: 3033424837

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.