26 March, 2012

When I think of Paris, I consistently picture it like this.

Big ups to Bell Pepper Hating Christine for hipping me to Gillian Hill's 1962 yé-yé song, "Zou Bisou Bisou". Unbeknownst to either of us, this song was in last night's episode of Mad Men, sung by Jessica Paré who, as it turns out, I had seen for the first time in a different musical role last week: As the bassist of the (fictional) band The Winners in 2009's vampire musical comedy, Suck. Coincidentally, that's what her version of the song does compared to the original.

A joke directed at the world's most adorable song deserves the world's most adorable rimshot.
Also, interestingly enough, or at least interesting to me, anyway, while we're on the subject of movies, Gillian Hill was also an actress and was one of the record store girls in A Clockwork Orange. And who was in A Clockwork Orange fucking record store girls? Malcolm McDowell. And who was in Suck hunting vampires? Malcolm McDowell. Man's a mad player.
Anyway, neither Christine or I watches Mad Men; she told me she saw this video making quite the splash on Facebook this morning and thought I'd like it, which I do and is why I'm presenting it here because, seriously, fuck Mad Men.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.