14 March, 2012

I found these videos and then I was going to utilize them to make a point, and then I lost that point but I had already copied and pasted the embed codes so now I'm sitting here with these fucking videos and I'm wondering, "What context can I put these in?" and it turned out that I really didn't need a context so, here, watch these videos.

I had some sort of point I wanted to make but then I got distracted, lost it, and figured I'd still post these videos. The one on the left is a bit of Kirk/Spock slash fiction set to Nine Inch Nails's "Closer". I think I was bringing that in to show an example of a good edit.
The one on the right is Vivian Girls's "Dance (If You Wanna)" accompanying Jean-Luc Godard's Alphaville. I'm pretty sure I was going to focus on this one solely so I could show off that I've seen Alphaville and you haven't (unless you have) and I was also going to discuss how the edits on this one could have been, you know, better. But, hey, it's Vivian Girls, it's Jean-Luc Godard, it's Anna Karina, it's Paris in the fucking 60s, what else could you want?

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.