22 March, 2012

Holy - What - Three posts in one week!?

Because I know this is super exciting for you to know, I just got done sampling a bunch of movies. Why? I don't know, really. Maybe one day, I'll put out a §107 sample set for the kids to play with. Anyway, today I sampled...
  1. Ghost in the Shell, a few sound effects.
  2. Close Encounters of the Third Kind, not the synth thing but some assorted dialogue.
  3. Alphaville, the two times when Anna Karina says "Qu'est-ce que c'est" because apparently I'm going to do a cover of Talking Heads' "Psycho Killer" or something.
  4. The Warriors, way too many lines.
  5. The Goods, every scene with DJ Request. (As featured on the left.)
  6. The Wild Bunch, a bit of dialogue between Holden and Borgnine.
And now, if you'll excuse me, I'm going to clean off my hard drive. Jesus, I've had Alphaville on my hard drive since... My internet search history says I went about finding this movie back in January but one item is a post I made on the EA forum that's dated October twenty eighth from last year, more or less describing the "Qu'est-ce que c'est" thing. From the "One Sentence Indie Film Confessions" thread, 28 October, 2011, 1219CST...
There are two points in Alphaville when Anna Karina says "Qu'est que c'est?" [sic] and, both times, "Psycho Killer" popped right into my head.
So, apparently, I've been kicking this idea around for about three and a half months because, otherwise, I would've deleted that movie, you know, three and a half months ago.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.