30 December, 2011

It's Friday: Let's Remember Rowland S. Howard

Rowland S. Howard died two years ago today. Since then, some fine folks have made a documentary about the man which, according to Wikipedia, was released two months ago to a limited number of theaters. Hopefully it goes to DVD soon; I'd like to see it.

Also, I've got a fifteen dollar gift certificate to Amazon from Brendan for taking part in a research thing he was doing. I was thinking of buying a Burgess novel. I'm thinking now that I might actually pull the trigger on a copy of Teenage Snuff Film, from which the above two songs are culled. Of course, I go to Amazon and I look it up and find this:
Lastly, check him out in Queen of the Damned, a movie I've never seen or made an effort to see but I think it's - hold on, I'll just IMDb it as long as I'm online... Yep, it's that vampire movie starring Aaliyah. But here's Rowland as a vampire in a vampire band playing a vampire club or something. Look, I only briefly looked at his Wikipedia page while trying to find release info on that documentary.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.