03 November, 2011

Fuck the police.

I'm running late today.
I know that.
You don't have to remind me.
You see, I came up to open the office this morning and the news was on in the living room. Guess what finally happened.
Oakland snapped.
Couldn't have seen that one coming.
While the police in Oakland weren't the first to employ police brutality (stay classy, NYPD), they were the ones getting the media attention with - wait for it - riot gear, tear gas, flash-bangs, rubber bullets. This equipment, it should be noted, was used on unarmed civilians. Have you seen this picture?
Think that was a mistake? Read this article.
I mean, look at this. Does any part of this footage look like a fucking mistake?
They're chucking flash-bangs into the crowds. Not huge, spread out crowds, but tiny, tight-knit crowds.
Then we also had the rich asshole (not a cop, in all fairness) deliberately run over a pair of protesters.
For shits and giggles, here's what he looks like.
So, yeah, I'm late. Sometimes, my little illiterati, I remember why I'm a hater.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.