31 October, 2011

Your weekly musicians' ads.

Let's begin by handing out our "Definitely Not a Crybaby, Rather, A Shining Example of Sticktoitiveness" Award.

Lookin to make dumb weird rock sound music stuff (mPlS)


Date: 2011-10-24, 10:35PM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

Posted here so many times it hurts man. Have we met? Either no one responds to my posts, or yall do and then I respond to u nd then u just stop talkin. Somebody got into daddy's liquor cabinet before firing up the computer in the family room, didn't they? Sup with that? Fucc it. Looking to make weird crazy heavy soft sounds with people that play drums, bass, rock guitars, whatever. I have equipment that works and a total chilled out bro personality. ? It's so good. I'm so nice and cute and crazy buckwild. ! No player haters. Influences like tera melos, adebisi shank, el ten eleven, atdi, hella, zach hill, other similar nonsense or completely different dumbsense. Respond or don't. Like I give a shit. This is the last time I've ever posting on craig's stupid list. And you're saying that because you're assuming that this is the point where somebody will say "no, wait, please don't go" or something similar? Way to be a needy attention whore. Yall make me feel dumb sometimes. Out.

  • Location: mPlS
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

Join my band, get a free t-shirt (north metro)

Wait. What?

Date: 2011-10-26, 9:13PM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

Yes, that would be a Rusty Pickup Band t-shirt, Who? perfect for gigs or shameless self-promotion in search of gigs. UUUhhh... OK?
As I posted previously, I am a fiddle player Right. with great vocal harmonizing skills, OK. who has been playing bluegrass, country, folk, mountain gospel, blues and rock for 30+ years. OK, so you're starting to make sense again. Sorry, the whole "free t-shirt" thing just... I'd never seen that before. Carry on.
I have heard from a rhythm guitar player, and a guitar/mandolin player, but I'd like to hear from more before we have a get-together.
I'm looking for kindred spirits with ready-made repertoires to get together and jam over the winter a couple times a month (so we can figure out what we know in common) then hit the hot spots of farmer's markets, craft fairs, church suppers and senior living spots over the summer. Totally reasonable.
Like I said before, I know these sound like lofty goals, but hey -- I've already got the t-shirts. WWWaaaiiittt up here. You mean to tell me that the band doesn't even exist yet and you went ahead and made t-shirts? As in multiple-assed more-than-one plural motherfucking t-shirts? You had a preselected quantity from a screenprinter done up before the band even... was a band? What the f- I mea- Really.
Really.

Looking for melody and harmony singers, guitar, upright bass, and more.
The most important thing is fun. If we make enough to cover transportation, I'll consider it a success. Drop me a line and let me know what you've got.

  • Location: north metro
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
  • Unless you own a screenprinting business. Apparently, this guy will have a batch of t-shirts done up for any goddamned thing his imagination can muster.
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

interested in female metal singer/guitar player?? (bloomington)


Date: 2011-10-27, 5:55PM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

I'm a have ways decent lead guitar player Do you mean "halfway decent"? but I'm confident in rithymn guitar. Are you confident that that's the correct spelling? I sing death, black, thrash, opera, melodic, even folky vox. My experience isn't what alot of people are grabbing these days, it's just too dull to continue being a bedroom player with origonal material to work with... What you said... you... That didn't make any sense. wanna start a metal band?? Not anymore.

  • Location: bloomington
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

No snark in this next one.

Stolen Mics- Can You Help? (Mpls)


Date: 2011-10-27, 7:21PM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

I had a 7 piece CAD Pro Mic kit that was stolen earlier this summer. That sucks. It was missing the Kick Drum mic as I still have that.

The Minneapolis Police put it on hold with a bunch of other items because they caught the thief. That's awesome. They pawned the mics at Maxit Pawn at Cedar and Hiawatha in S. Minneapolis.
I kept checking to see when they would be off the "hold". Today I checked and the manager told me they were sold by mistake in July!! And that sucks again. Great! Anyway, if you were the one that bought them in July would like to talk to you and see what kind of deal we can make so I can get them back. I have a recording project coming up in 2 weeks and I desparately need them. And I need a deal as I cannot afford to go to Guitar Center and Spend $199 on a new set.

Thanks. People who steal other people's stuff suck!

  • Location: Mpls
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
image 0
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

And, lastly, a straight forward, honest, no bullshit or beating around the bush ad.

Xxxxxxxx Xxx Xxxxxxxxx - Guitarist Needed


Date: 2011-10-31, 9:59AM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

We need a guitarist. Dont be a dick, dont be a drug addict. Please have good gear. Have license.Understand live sound, and be ready to roll. We can be heard here: www.reverbnation.com/xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx Yeah. I went. Checked them out. The important part isn't what they sounded like, the important part is that they're in Richmond, Virginia.

  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests

PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.