01 September, 2011

How do we begin September? By saying, "Holy shit, it's September?"

We're bound to have a few more hot nights here in the Washburn Fair Oaks Historic Mansion District of the Whittier Neighborhood of the Powderhorn Community of Midtown Minneapolis, Minnesota, and then the leaves are due to fall off the trees and hoodies will be required for bike rides and eventually the lake trails will be shut down when the snow arrives two months from now. So, as far as my weekly bike-outs go, the choice is pretty simple...
On the bright side of an otherwise dark season with 1630CST sundowns and two foot snow falls and five foot snow banks and twenty above (in Fahrenheit) being open jacket weather and lack of rabid pussy infestations, recording will happen more frequently.
In the meantime, though, you know how I keep telling you that I've been watching the Urotsukidojis lately. (I've been stuck at the first five minutes or so of the third movie because, really, it looks like ass. The problem is that there are six of the damned things that I have to get through.) Anyhow, I know I should have brought it up when it happened but I didn't so fuck you. In the third act of the first Urotsukidoji, there's a (fuck) scene that signals the coming of the Overfiend - if you have no interest in watching the movie and finding out for yourself, the short version is: demon - and the orgasm goes a little something like this (completely safe for work though I'm not exactly encouraging you to watch it at work since I don't know your company's guidelines for internet usage):
I was watching the first one about a week or so ago and that scene came up and I wondered, Where do I know that from? I racked my brain for a while, probably an hour or two, until I remembered; it was from the first song off of La Sexorcisto: Devil Music, Vol. 1: "Welcome to Planet Motherfucker/Psychoholic Slag"; it makes up the majority of the opening sound collage, hell, essentially it is the opening sound collage. OK, so when I first heard it, I thought it was a sound collage; I didn't see Urotsukidoji until maybe five years later and I didn't pick up on the connection.
In fact, you know what? I just went downstairs and pulled out my cassette copy of La Sexorcisto and nowhere in the liner notes does it credit Urotsukidoji. (Or the old Batman TV series, sampled at the beginning of "Cosmic Monsters", for that matter.)
But, anyway, yeah, go ahead and watch that clip from Urotsukidoji then give the opening to "Welcome to Planet Motherfucker/Psychoholic Slag" a listen if you think I've been yanking your chain.
Also, I recommend that you watch the entire Urotsukidoji sometime, it's pretty solid (and, yes, twisted).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.