26 September, 2011

Cool Video Alert

There's a conversation going on over at the Electrical forums regarding Bikini Kill. For the life of me, I couldn't recall ever hearing Bikini Kill before. Maybe I had and and then forgot about it, which is pretty likely; back in the nineties I listened to pretty much everything that came off of 89X out of the Detroit/Windsor area and, back then, 89X was pretty hip. Most things out of Detroit were hipper than the things out of Toledo. The only time you tuned into 106.5 was when you were in the mood for Danzig. What I'm saying, though, is that 89X probably played stuff like Bikini Kill back in the 90s so there's a good chance I heard them.
Problem is that if I had heard them, I'd forgotten what they sounded like. So I went hunting I did and found this video (psst, it's not hard to find, it's on the first page of Google search results for "Bikini Kill"). It's an enjoyable little number set to video footage from the Maoist International Movement (their Wikipedia entry lists their sole U.S. post office as having been in Ann Arbor, Michigan, Ann Arbor being part of the Detroit - Ann Arbor - Flint combined statistical area; I told you cool shit happened up there).

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.