08 August, 2011

Your Weekly Musicians' Ads

Remember that time in Top Gun when Ice Man coughed "bullshit"? Yeah...

bass seeks guitar, drummer, maybe vocals


Date: 2011-08-07, 5:33PM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

Are there any professionals left who understand that hard work and preparation count for more than "luck" in getting good gigs and signed? Bassist who already has group name, logo, No shit, a logo? website, demos, home studio and video searches for pro musicians to complete a project. You must be able to commit to at least 2 rehearsal days a week. You need experience, pro gear, ability to learn your music on your own before rehearsals, show up on time, and add your own input to both songs and the group. I'm looking to make this a 3 or 4 piece group. Backup vocal skills a plus, playing more than one instrument is a plus as well. Unless you are incredibly mature and talented I cannot set up auditions with anyone under 30 Who's got two thumbs and is thirty? or those who want this to be their first working band.

This project has the potential to go national quickly. Help me out, Ice Man. If you want to be part of an original music project that aims to give people a show good enough they call their friends and ask when we'll be back next then contact me. Please send demos and/or music clips and photos if you have 'em.
Folks, I've spent too much time and money to waste any more of either. Take it away, Ice Man. If you're looking to play out next week and be a regular gigging bar band please keep looking. I'm only interested in playing out when we're good enough to blow away the competition on our first gig.

I know everyone wants to know what the project "style" is...and there really is nothing like it right now. That one's all yours, Ice Man. Think about mixing all these and you'll be close metal/techno/alternative with overtones of NIN and Michael Hedges mixed in for good measure. SSSooo... crap.


  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

Our next contestant is exactly the opposite. Realistic, humble, honest, and - as you'll eventually see - cautious.

Female Jazz vocalist available (Minneapolis)


Date: 2011-08-06, 4:18PM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

I am a 27-year-old jazz vocalist looking for a guitarist, pianist or ensemble with whom I can play paying gigs, singing standards. The voice is my strong suit, but I'll give you a heads up that you'll have to help me get back into the groove of playing with a band. Like many singers, I'm not a strong music reader, but I am prepared to work at getting better at it. I have a very flexible schedule, since I'm newly a stay at home mom, and I'm prepared to put a lot of time and effort into this.
I'm willing to meet if you are interested in just size-ing me up and hearing me sing.
If interested please send me a brief, no frills music resume with some professional references just so I'm sure I'm not meeting up with some creepo pretending to be a musician. Boom! You understand. Please, you know how many ads I've seen with creepos pretending to be a musicians so they can meet women under the ruse of looking for a female vocalist? It's easily a once-a-week occurrence. It's so commonplace that even I got sick of making fun of them.
Thanks so much
Xxxxxxxxxx

  • Location: Minneapolis
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

And for our final entry? I just thought this one was interesting.

Anybody need a sit-down electrified washboard? (NE MPLS)


Date: 2011-08-06, 11:42PM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

I have the washboard. You have the amplifier, speaker. I am not a drummer.
You have the beat, I'll try to play it out. xxx-xxx-xxxx Daytimes.

  • Location: NE MPLS
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.