11 August, 2011

Now I'm old enough to get who all those guest stars were.

I'm working a double today so get ready for fourteen hours of madness. At least I have the last few episodes of season two and all of season three left of The Adventures of Pete & Pete to keep me occupied.
I know, right? My biggest concern with what I do at work doesn't actually involve work.
But, because I sit around with no real ambition while on the clock and I've developed bad habits from sitting in front of two computers at the same time, I often Wikipedia a movie while I watch it. I don't know why I do this, I just do. With The Adventures of Pete & Pete, though, it helps when it comes to picking out the guest stars... Like everybody knows what Iggy looks like but when they get Debbie Harry or Kate Pierson in there? Well... honestly I could pick out Kate Pierson way before I could pick out Debbie Harry. She was in one episode of Flight of the Conchords for maybe ten? fifteen? seconds of screen time and I exclaimed to Georgie (this was when we were dating), Holy shit! It's Kate Pierson! (Those aren't 'yelling' exclamation points, those are 'oh, wow' exclamation points.)
"Who?"
Kate Pierson.
"Who's -"
From the B-52s.
"Where?"
Her.
"That's her?"
Yeah.
"Oh."
Yeah.
But for some reason, Debbie Harry has to be pointed out to me. I find her fetching and all that, yeah; she was the only reason I watched Videodrome but if nobody'd told me she was in the first season finale of Pete & Pete, I wouldn't have known it was her.
Speaking of musicians and bands and things, it's while I'm Wiki/watching Pete & Pete this week that I learn that Little Pete is the bassist/vocalist in his band, Jounce...
... and Big Pete was in the video for "Whose Authority" by Nada Surf.

2 comments:

  1. Whoa. Never realized Little Pete was the voice of Arnold on the Magic School Bus!

    ReplyDelete

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.