25 July, 2011

Your Weekly Musicians' Ads

Serious New Band! (Minneapolis Suburbs)


Date: 2011-07-25, 8:49AM CDT
Reply to: comm-xxxxx-xxxxxxxxxx@craigslist.org

I am a female clean vocalist who also plays piano/keys. I'm currently searching to complete a band Wait a minute. The title is "Serious New Band!" You're not a band, though. You're a musician. Consider retitling the ad to something more representative like "I'm not in a fucking band right now but I want to be." That works. within the ages of (17- 24). OK, stop. Stop right there. Can there be a new rule about this shit? A rule that says from now on, no more high school kids? That only high school kids can be in bands with high school kids? Because over the how many years that I've been a bitter failure and pissed on the dreams of those who would go on to be more successful than me, I've seen over and over again grown goddamned adults saying shit as ridiculous as "Our last guitarist had to leave because he had homework and his mom said that if he didn't get his grades up that there would be no trip to Cedar Point this summer," or something equally ridiculous. If the first digit in your age is a two, leave the "one" kids alone, OK? I have a potential rhythm guitarist. Yeah? How old is he? I am searching for a male vocalist (screaming/growling sort of stuff, if you can harmonize that's a plus), Screaming. Growling. And harmonizing. My anus is bleeding. a guitarist ( lead guitar), bassist, and drummer (if you can rock a double kick thats a plus)
I have 3-4 songs in the process of being written and 2 songs completed (i would love input and any ideas you have to offer, nothing is final) Short version: "I have two songs."
I enjoy awesome breakdowns, Awesome breakdowns!?!?!? No way! and great rhythm. Who doesn't enjoy great rhythm?
I am completely serious about music, its something i want to persue as a career. HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA HA! Phew! That was good. I needed that. If you have any musical talent on any type of instrument please contact me. No.

I'm going for the post-hardcore sound with influences including but not limited to: Here we go... Our Last Breath, Never heard of. A Day to Remember, Never heard. A Skylit Drive, I think I heard them once and they made my ears cry. Asking Alexandria, They're famous, right? Jamie's Elsewhere, Never heard of. Paramore, They can't even spell their own band name correctly. Of Mice & Men, The Steinbeck novel? Destroy Rebuild Until God Shows (D.R.U.G.S.), I don't know how I feel about that name. On the one hand, when you say the whole thing, it's kind of cool. On the other hand, when initialized, it's kind of stupid. and many more.

If you find yourself interested in any of the things I just stated No. please contact me at (xxx) xxx-xxxx (My name is Xxxxx) call or texting. or by the email above.

Thanks for your Interest! :] And she ends it with an emoticon.



  • Location: Minneapolis Suburbs
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

Drummer/Race Horse who needs to play and run! (Everywhere!)


Date: 2011-07-24, 5:45PM CDT
Reply to: xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

I need a band! Calm down!
My last gig ended abruptly, I need to play! Calm down!

I have been playing since I was 8, I'm now 42. I have played Rock, Pop, Metal, Hard, Grunge, some Country, covers, originals, you name it. I have a very nice Yamaha kit, Wait for it... reliable transportation, Wait for it... a completely open schedule, and Wait for it... no day job to interfere! There it is! So call me up if you need a great drummer. Xxxx Xxxxxx xxx-xxx-xxxx. or E-mail me at xxxxxxxxxx@gmail.com

All calls taken seriously, even from former friends!

Youtube videos available, and you can find me on facebook with this name as well.

  • Location: Everywhere!
  • it's NOT ok to contact this poster with services or other commercial interests
PostingID: xxxxxxxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.