04 June, 2011

I'm late today because I was doing a bunch of shit.

Cleaned the hell out of the patio this morning, too many cigarette butts lying about. Then I spent some quality time with my bike and it began to dawn on me: The folks that talk shit about K-Mart bikes? Talk about how unreliable they are? Talk about how you have to go to a bike-shop bike-shop and get a five hundred dollar feather weight thing made out of aircraft aluminum with spring mounted everything and positraction drive whatevers? They're full of shit. All you have to do is sit down for an hour with a ratchet set and some screwdrivers, and you too can make that machine sing. Just like you can drop oodles of money on a Rickenbacker or Alembic bass or you can spend a pittance on a Squier and just give it a little work. All it takes. It's not who makes the machine, it's who takes care of it.
After doing some grocery shopping, I decided, guests be damned, to finally get around to tracking vocals to CaSa014. It took as long as it did to get to this point because, as I may or may not have mentioned before, I needed to have a strong set of songs for this EP. Also? I needed New Steve out of the house so he wouldn't have to hear some lunatic screaming down the hall. (Screaming is actually at a minimum on this one, unlike, say, CaSa010 but definitely more there than, say, CaSa012.)
I have some rough mixes going and I'll probably finalize the mixes tomorrow and start on some artwork and lay outs after that. The front is halfway done and I'm still futzing with the back. Hopefully, the whole package will be done on Monday or Tuesday but, with how long it's been taking me to get to things lately, I'd suspect that I actually mean next Monday or Tuesday.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.