15 August, 2009

The Unthinkable

I'm coming to you from the work computer at the hostel because guess what happened this morning. Guess what happened the day I was planning on finally burning the session DVD and redbook CD. Guess.

Exactly how it happened, too.
Inexplicably, whenever shit like this happens, I get Dave Matthews Band's "Crash Into Me" stuck in my head which, after the four thousandth iteration of the song (the chorus being the only part with a recognizable Earth language in use, however), I've come to the conclusion is not that bad. In fact, it's kind of pretty.
The problem, though, is that you can't get down to it. It's a completely bland, ineffective piece that does nothing to stir the soul and plays as though it were predesigned to forfeit any emotional weight to that scene from Say Anything, which is bullshit because everybody knows that Tears for Fears "Head Over Heals" trumps and retrumps Peter Gabriel's "In Your Eyes", if only because the arpeggiated guitar parts in "Crash Into You" and "In Your Eyes" are so similar that we can kind of blame Peter Gabriel for Dave Matthews Band. If you really need something to get down to, you need to check out the one song that was stuck in my head all day, yesterday: "Footsteps In the Dark" by the Isley Brothers, aka "That song Ice Cube sampled for the main hook to 'Today Was A Good Day'".
It should be noted that that particular graphic used in that clip is the kind of velvet painting I want over my bed.

Look, I've gotta run.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.