06 July, 2009

Yesterday's Tracking Sessions


SaturdaySundayMondayTuesday
TrackX
X


Mix



Instrument:

Bass
Drum Kit/Program
Duo-Sonic
Voice
Had a few ideas come to mind yesterday morning at the hostel, so I came home and recorded them. One was a roots-country piece but apparently because I hate any song that lasts more than fifty seconds, it went strophically A B. Boom. Done. Which one's the verse? Which one's the chorus?
I played the bass finger-style to get more of an "authentic" country sound, or as authentic as a guy playing a Jazz Bass copy through a close-mic'd solid state amp can sound. I also sought a more full-bodied guitar sound and went with the Duo-Sonic, which was suitable since I didn't have a lot of big, loud sound for which I generally need the Jaguar's more cutting timbre.

No comments:

Post a Comment

 
Creative Commons License
This work is licensed under a Creative Commons Attribution-NonCommercial-NoDerivs 3.0 Unported License.